- Jim Ross noted on Twitter that more “Ringside” events are in the works after two successful shows in New York City this weekend. We have a live report up here and you can read what to expect for the shows. The next show is scheduled for WrestleMania weekend in New Orleans.
TMZ caught up with him and you can check it out below:
- Lana and Alexander Rusev on tonight’s RAW are expected to do a segment and it is to be likely the two coming out to the stage like they did on Friday’s SmackDown.
- John Cena tweeted the following about tonight’s Monday night Raw: “Wanna pre thank the Chicago @WWEUniverse tonight for what I think will be a CANT miss #RAW there’ll b plenty of audience participation!!”
- There is no dark match announced for the live audience for tonight’s Raw.
- Sheamus will be featured on more than 15 million Totino’s pizza rolls and party pizza boxes across the United States as part of a new national promotion.
- Here are live event results from Moline, IL on Sunday afternoon:
Triple Threat for the IC Title: Big E vs. Ryback vs. Fandango
The former Hawkeye Big E got a huge reaction as we’re only about 45 minutes from the University of Iowa. He picked up the win after a fun spot where he hit the big ending on Ryback. Fandango immediately hit his leg drop on Ryback, then Big E hit the Big Ending on Fandango. Summer Rae is fantastic… TV doesn’t do her justice, because she’s always doing something to make Fandango the center of attention.
Curtis Axel vs. Tyson Kidd
They started really slowly early in the match, which saw Tyson Kidd with the advantage. Axel eventually made a comeback, but Kidd hit a nice neckbreaker off the top rope for the win. They worked hard, but the crowd wasn’t very into it. Some of the kids around us didn’t know who Tyson Kidd was.
Alberto Del Rio vs. Sin Cara
Del Rio almost got booed out of the building on this one. Midway through the match, they had a cool spot where Del Rio tied Cara up in the turnbuckles and tried to pulled off his mask. It actually came off, so he had to work fast to get it back on and continue the match. Sin Cara picked up the win with a small package as Del Rio tried to lock on the arm bar.
The Real Americans vs. The Rhodes Brothers
They really played up the dissension in the ranks of The Real Americans. Swagger and Cesaro got into several arguments throughout the match, and there were several times where either Swagger or Cesaro tagged themselves in to one-up the other. They worked over Goldust for the majority of the match until Cody made the hot tag and cleaned house. Cody hit the Crossroads on Swagger to pick up the victory. It may have been because it was just a house show, but I found it interesting that Cesaro was wearing his AC tights instead of his new ones that just have a C on them.
Bad News Barrett vs. The Miz
Barrett came to the ring and cut a hilarious promo about how horrible Moline is. Miz tossed him out of the ring and cut his own promo telling us the USA is awesome. Of course, this led to USA chants throughout the match. After some back and forth action, Miz got the Figure 4 on Barrett and the crowd went nuts. Barrett got out of it and scored the pin (I couldn’t see exactly how). Miz recovered and the crowd cheered him as he walked to the back.
Divas Tag Match: The Bellas vs Alicia Fox & Aksana
The crowd was pretty dead on this one. One of the Bellas got the pin on Alicia Fox after a nice Torture Rack/backbreaker combo. It wasn’t a bad match, but after seeing Paige/Emma on nXt Arrival, it was pretty lackluster.
Steel cage match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship: John Cena vs Randy Orton
Randy Orton came out first, followed by Cena. They did the big fight introductions, where Orton was also introduced first. That blew me away. About 15 minutes into the match, Orton hit Cena with a low blow. After that, he was free to walk out of the cage and pick up the win. He came back with a chair and tried to lay out Cena, but Cena dodged the chair and hit the AA on Orton to send the crowd home happy.