– The next Wrestle-1 vs. TNA event is rumored to take place on July 6th in Tokyo. The rumored main event is the The Great Muta is interested in booking Masakatsu Funaki vs. Kurt Angle for that certain event.
– As noted, BroMans defeated The Wolves and the team of Kaz Hayashi & Shuji Kondo to regain the TNA Tag Team Titles for the Wrestle-1 pay-per-view. It is expected to air later this year, however TNA has announced the title change so not it’s not a spoiler. Confused, the BroMans actually pinned the team of Hayashi & Kondo to win the titles so TNA has the angle in place that The Wolves were never pinned for the titles.
– TNA held a live event over the weekend that Earl Hebner has refereed over 100,000 matches in his career.
– TNA lost their TV deal in Germany over the weekend. Sport1 aired the final episode of Impact Wrestling this past weekend. However there are rumors that TNA will end up on Tele5 in Germany.
– TNA ran a live event on Saturday and here is a fan report sent in:
- Manik and Kenny King beat Zema Ion and Chris Sabin. King and Manik danced with Zema’s headphones on during the match. They celebrated after the match with a great dance off as well. The choreography of this match was awesome by all four guys.
- Ethan Carter III beat Dewey Barnes and Norv Fernum in a handicap match. EC3 was on offense for most of the match and the ending seemed very predictable. It didn’t seem to hold the crowd the way other matches did.
- ODB beat Rockstar Spud. Before the match, Spud said no one was going backstage. ODB interrupted and challenged him to a match. ODB didn’t like how Rockstar Spud said women belonged in the kitchen after calling Barnes and Fernum women for losing to EC3.
- Samuel Shaw defeated Shawn Shultz. Shultz is from right here in Knoxville. Shaw won by choke out. Shawn Shultz cut a promo about how on Rocky Top we treat women better than Sam Shaw treats Christy Hemme. This was the storyline for the match. Both men told a good story and did a nice job with the match.
- Gunner beat James Storm in a No DQ Knoxville street fight. Gunner wanted to fight Storm before the event even started and this prompted the street fight stipulation. When Gunner made his entrance he recognized all the servicemen and women and parents of those serving along with the veterans before leading us all in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Mr. Anderson beat Bully Ray in a best of three falls cage match. Bully Ray jumped Mr. Anderson before the match started to garner extra heat. Bully Ray won the first fall. Anderson came back and took the next two falls.