WE Diva Naomi made her return on Raw this past Monday Night from her eye injury. She teamed up with Cameron and defeated AJ Lee and Tamina in a tag team match. They also defeated Layla and Alicia Fox on last night’s WWE Main Event.
She was wearing her eye patch in both matches and from now on she will be wearing it in all of her matches. WWE is planning on keeping the eye patch on her for the time being as she currently has 3 different patches, but WWE seamstress Sandra Gray (Who appears on Total Divas) is working on several new patches for her to wear.
It is said that they are doing this to tie into Total Divas as that is a big storyline on the show.
However, she filmed WWE’s fitness DVD with Stephanie McMahon last week and did not wear a patch.
Andrews Take: WWE is positioning Naomi as the number one contender in the Women’s division. However, they are also positioning Nikki Bella in that role as well. All signs point in a triple threat match involving Nikki, Naomi and AJ Lee for the divas championship.
– A number of people who canceled their WWE Network subscription after the trial week have been offered a second free week.
– Here are the confirmed matches for this week’s WWE Smackdown:
- Fernando Vs. Fandango.
- Dolph Ziggler Vs. Damien Sandow.
- Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. The Real Americans vs. Jinder Mahal & Drew McIntyre in a No. 1 contenders match for a shot at the WWE Tag Team Championship.
- Alberto Del Rio Vs. Big E in a non-title match.
- The Bella Twins Vs. Natalya and Summer Rae.
- John Cena vs. Luke Harper.