– According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE has completed both Raw and Smackdown “go-home” shows scripts for this week. Raw and Smackdown will be taped tonight from Washington, DC. The creative team was given a script over the weekend as is normally the case.
It should be said that there always are and will likely be some changes once the creative team arrives at RAW today for both shows.
WWE is taping Superstars, Main Event, Raw and then Smackdown all tonight. If you are going to the show, then you are really getting your money’s worth.
The top WWE Superstars will be heading to New York City for the Tuesday press conference while the rest of the crew will head down to New Orleans for the WrestleMania AXXESS festivities
As a fan and lead reporter, I cannot stress this enough. There is going to be a ton of news on the site with interview recaps and more. Please comeback and check out the site as often as you can.
– Back on this day in history, WWE held Ric Flair’s “farewell” on Raw the night after Wrestlemania 24 when he lost his WWE retirement match against Shawn Michaels.
– The first WrestleMania was on this day back in in 1985. The show aired from Madison Square Garden, in New York City. The main event was Hulk Hogan & Mr T with Jimmy Snuka defeated Roddy Piper & Paul Orndorff with “Cowboy” Bob Orton.
– WrestleMania 12 went down back in 1996 from the Arrowhead Pond, in Anaheim, California. The main event saw Shawn Michaels defeated Bret Hart in a 60 minute Iron Man Match to win the WWF Title.
– WCW aired Nitro from Roanoke, Virginia in front of 8,709 fans back in 1997. The main event saw Rick Steiner & Scott Steiner defeat Kenny Kaos & Robbie Rage.
– Former NWA World Champion Naoya Ogawa turns 46 today. He was born on March 31, 1968. Aside from wrestling, he competed as an MMA fighter in Japan. He held a 7-2 MMA record.