– A bunch of Independent promotions runs events during WrestleMania week and WrestleMania weekend. ROH, CZR, Dragon Gate and others run them, however the number two wrestling promotion (TNA) is not running any events in the New Orleans area this weekend. Instead, they are running down in Georgia.
According to the Observer Newsletter, Several talents in TNA are said to be upset that they’re not touring in the vicinity of New Orleans this week. The company decided to run shows in Georgia instead of getting too close to WrestleMania 30.
Andrews Take: It’s understandable that the talent is upset about it as they are missing out on a payday. However for those who are TNA haters, look at it like this. They are not trying to be WWE and simply trying to be different.
TNA runs Macon, GA tonight and then on Saturday they run Dalton, GA. Here is the lineup for both cards:
- World Heavyweight Title Match: Magnus vs. “The IT Factor” Bobby Roode
- World Tag Team Title Match: The Wolves Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards vs. The BroMans Robbie E & Jessie Godderz
- Knockouts Title Match: Madison Rayne vs. Gail Kim
- “The Cowboy” James Storm vs. Gunner
- Mr. Anderson vs. Samuel Shaw
- Manik vs. DJ Zema
– TNA ran two live events last weekend and here are the attendance figures:
- March 28th in Lincoln, Nebraska: 400 fans
- March 29th in Sioux City, Iowa: 1,000 fans