– The biggest story of the night is that the Undertaker’s streak ended tonight. He was defeated by Brock Lesnar and left New Orleans with a 21-1 record at WrestleMania. This felt like a retirement match, but the announcers talked like Taker was leaving for good this time, but that could be part of the storyline. Time will tell.
– Daniel Bryan won the WWE World Heavyweight championship in the main event.
– AJ Lee retained her Divas title.
– Cesaro won the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.
– The Usos retained their tag team titles.
– WWE issued the following tonight:
WRESTLEMANIA® BREAKS RECORDS
NEW ORLEANS, LA – April 6, 2014 – WWE® (NYSE: WWE) announced tonight that WrestleMania 30 broke the record for the Mercedes-Benz Superdome’s highest grossing entertainment event. This marks the fifth consecutive year that WWE broke the host venue’s highest-grossing entertainment event record. WWE’s annual pop-culture extravaganza grossed $10.9 million as a sold-out crowd of 75,167 from all 50 states and 37 countries converged on the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. The event was broadcast live in the U.S. on WWE Network and via cable and satellite providers on pay-per-view in more than 100 countries and 20 languages.
The previous gross revenue record for an entertainment event at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome was the three-day Essence Festival in 2013 featuring Beyoncé.
“On behalf of the city of New Orleans, I would like to thank all of the fans who came from around the world to WrestleMania 30,” said New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu. “WrestleMania has taken its rightful place amongst the most historic events ever held in New Orleans.”
“The success of WrestleMania week in New Orleans would not have been possible without the tireless support of Mayor Mitch Landrieu, as well as our public and private sector partners who built an amazing blueprint to welcome our fans from around the world to this milestone celebration,” said John P. Saboor, Executive Vice President of Special Events, WWE. “We now begin our exciting journey to Silicon Valley for WrestleMania 31.”
WrestleMania 31 takes place on Sunday, March 29, 2015 from Levi’s® Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. Ticket information will be announced later this year.
Top Five All-Time Attendance Records at WrestleMania:
1. 93,173: WrestleMania 3, Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan, March 29, 1987
2. 80,676: WrestleMania 29, MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey, April 7, 2013
3. 80,103: WrestleMania 23, Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan, April 1, 2007
4. 78,363: WrestleMania 28, Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida, April 1, 2012
5. 75,167: WrestleMania 30, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, New Orleans, LA, April 6, 2014
You can read the full WrestleMania 30 report here.
Stick with DailyDDT.com for all the latest on WWE. This is WrestleMania season, it’s the busiest time of the year so you need to refresh our homepage to find out the latest WrestleMania news. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can follow Andrew on Twitter