- Some have downplayed the seriousness of how bad Daniel Bryan’s neck injury is. Well, things are being portrayed backstage like it’s not a big deal and Bryan will be fine, there are people really worried about what doctors will find when they go in for surgery on Thursday. Source: PWInsider
Anytime there is surgery involved, there is always a chance of something going bad or finding something worse. Hopefully everything goes well and he is back to normal sooner than later.
- Here is today’s wrestling lesson:
* Former WCW trainer Sgt. Buddy Lee Parker turns 52 today.
* Tag team legend Tommy Rogers turns 53 today.
* Former AWA Tag Team Champion Robert Fuller turns 63 today.
* One-time WWE United States & Tag Team Champion Zack Ryder turns 29 today.
* 3-time WCW World Champion Vader turns 59 today.
1984: NWA World champion Kerry Von Erich defeated Superstar Billy Graham in Ft Myers, FL.
1995: The 1st WWF In Your House PPV was held at the Onondaga War Memorial, in Syracuse, New York. 7,000 were in attendance to see Diesel defeated Sycho Sid via DQ to retain the WWF Title.
1998: Taz introduces the FTW Title to ECW.
2000: The final ECW Hardcore Heaven was held at The Rave, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 3,400 were in attendance to see Justin Credible (with Francine) defeated Lance Storm to retain the ECW World Title.
2002: The Hurricane defeated Tajiri, & Billy Kidman in a Triple Threat Match to win the WWE Cruiserweight Title on Smackdown.
2003: Chris Sabin defeated Amazing Red, & Jerry Lynn in a 3-Way Dance to win the TNA X-Division Title.
2005: ROH Nowhere to Run was held in Chicago Ridge, IL. The main event was CM Punk defeated Jimmy Rave in a Steel Cage Match.
2006: TNA Sacrifice was held at the Impact Zone, in Orlando, Florida. 900 were in attendance to see Christian Cage defeated Abyss (with James Mitchell) in a Full Metal Mayhem Match to retain the NWA World Title in the main event.
For all the latest on WWE and Payback, stick with Daily DDT. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. We will be bring you the very latest in the rumors and spoilers of the WWE. As well as giving you the very best in columns and TV reports. Why go to several Websites to get your fix when you can refresh your page on Daily DDT to get everything in one place. You can follow Andrew onTwitter and Facebook.