It’s Sunday and this is your Morning Report.
* WWE Live Event: Sunday (7/6) – Toronto, ON at the Ricoh Coliseum. The advertised matches are: John Cena Vs. Bray Wyatt in a street fight, Randy Orton Vs. Roman Reigns, Intercontinental Championship Match: Dolph Ziggler vs. Bad News Barrett. Others that are advertised include: Cesaro, The Usos, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Paige.
* WWE Live Event: Sunday (7/6) – Kingston, ON at the K-Rock Centre. The advertised matches are: U.S Title Match: SHEAMUS VS. CESARO, THE BIG SHOW VS. ALBERTO DEL RIO.
– Here is today’s streaming content on the WWE Network:
- 2am EST – ECW Hardcore TV: 2/7/1995
- 3am EST – ECW Hardcore TV: 2/13/1995
- 4am EST – WCW Clash of The Champions 20
- 6am EST – WWE King of The Ring 1997
- 9am EST – WWE Money In the Bank 2014
- 12pm EST – WWE Main Event replay
- 1pm EST – WWE NXT replay
- 2pm EST – WCW Great American Bash 1995
- 5pm EST – WCW Great American Bash 2000
- 8pm EST – WWE Great American Bash 2008
- 11pm EST – WWE The Bash 2009
– Here is your pro wrestling history lesson of the day:
WWE co-founder Vince McMahon Sr would have turned 100 today.
1985: NWA’s The Great American Bash was held at the American Legion Memorial Stadium, in Charlotte, North Carolina. This was the very first Bash and had 27,000 in attendance. Here are the results:
* Jimmy Valiant defeated Paul Jones in a Dog Collar Match
* Sam Houston, Manny Fernandez, & Buzz Tyler defeated Konga The Barbarian, Billy Graham, & Abdullah The Butcher
* Ron Bass (with James J. Dillon) fought Buddy Landel to a draw
* Ole & Arn Anderson defeated Dick Slater & Buzz Sawyer to retain the NWA National Tag Team Titles
* AWA World Tag Team Champions The Road Warriors fought NWA World Tag Team Champions Ivan Koloff & Krusher Krushchev to a double DQ
* Magnum T.A. defeated Kamala via DQ to retain the NWA United States Title
* Ric Flair defeated Nikita Koloff to retain the NWA World Heavyweight Title
* Dusty Rhodes defeated Tully Blanchard in a Steel Cage Match to win the NWA World Television Title.
1997: WWF In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede was held at the Saddledome, in Calgary, Canada. 12,151 were in attendance. Here are the results:
* Mankind fought Hunter Hearst Helmsley to a double countout
* The Great Sasuke defeated Taka Michinoku
* The Undertaker defeated Vader to retain the WWF Title
* The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart, Owen Hart, Jim Neidhart, The British Bulldog, & Brian Pillman) defeated Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, & The Legion Of Doom (Hawk & Animal) in a 10-Man Tag Team Match
1998: WCW Monday Nitro defeated WWF Monday Night Raw: 4.93 to 4.0 in the ratings.
1998: WCW Monday Nitro was broadcast live at the Georgia Dome, in Atlanta, Georgia. This was the famous show that Goldberg beat Hulk Hogan to win the WCW World Title. With that being said and it being a PPV quality show, here are the results:
* Booker T defeated Dean Malenko to retain the WCW World Television Title
* Kanyon vs. Raven ended in a No Contest
* Scott Putski defeated Scotty Riggs
* Chris Jericho defeated Ultimo Dragon via DQ to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Title
* Chavo Guerrero Jr. defeated Johnny Swinger
* The Public Enemy (Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge) defeated Alex Wright & Disco Inferno
* Goldberg defeated Scott Hall to retain the WCW United States Title
* Juventud Guerrera defeated Psychosis
* The Giant defeated Jim Duggan
* Diamond Dallas Page defeated Jim Neidhart
* Lex Luger & Sting defeated Sick Boy & Billy Kidman
* Goldberg defeated Hollywood Hulk Hogan to win the WCW World Heavyweight Title.
2004: Billy Kidman & Paul London defeated The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray & D-Von) to win the WWE Tag Team Titles.
2004: Ric Flair’s autobiography “To Be The Man” is released in all book stores.
2009: TNA released Rudy Charles who was a longtime referee for the company.