So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in.
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for July 26th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
- Our writer Mike Smith highlighted the latest edition of NXT on WWE Network.
Adrian Neville went up against Rusev in a non-title match-up, and Summer Rae took a shot at her former “BFF” Charlotte, and her title. Tyler Breeze, The Ascension, Kalisto and The Vaudevillains were also in action.
- CM Punk worked as a correspondent for Nerdist at the San Diego Comic Con.
- Daniel Bryan played hero yesterday as he stopped a burglar entering his home.
Phoenix police said wrestling star Bryan Danielson, who goes by Daniel Bryan, and his wife were pulling into their carport in the Arcadia area about 7 p.m. July 24 when two suspects dropped their loot and ran out of the house.
- Mick Foley weighed in on Dean Ambrose.
It’s going to be interesting to see what the future holds in store for Ambrose.
- Tom Clark of Bleacher Report thinks WWE has their next great anti-hero.
Dean Ambrose has quickly become one of WWE’s most popular Superstars. The former loose cannon of The Shield has truly come into his own since that group split. And his spots on the card are some of the most highly anticipated by fans who appreciate what he brings to the table.
- Anthony Benigno of WWE sat down with Seth Rollins to discuss the opening of his new wrestling school, The Black & The Brave Wrestling Academy.
The former WWE Tag Team Champion and current Money in the Bank contract holder is starting his most ambitious venture yet: The Black & The Brave Wrestling Academy, which looks to train potential independent (and WWE) competitors in a wholly unexpected way. Just a few weeks ahead of the school’s first training session, Rollins sat down with WWE.com to discuss his academy’s origins, its relationship with the WWE Performance Center and the one piece of advice any recruit must heed to succeed.
- Check out my review of last night’s edition of WWE Smackdown.
This was a decent edition of WWE Smackdown. The wrestling was solid as it usually is, but since this is considered WWE’s “B-Show,” none of the story-lines really progressed.
Video of the Day
- An entrance from one of WWE’s greatest stables.
What do you guys think of the news, rumors, and opinions in today’s WWE Morning Paper?