So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for August 17th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
Ready for SummerSlam?
- Hulk Hogan seems to enjoy flooding the headlines as of late.
Hulk Hogan can’t help but court controversy whenever he speaks to the media, whether it be intentional or unintentional. For example, this weekend whilst promoting SummerSlam he’s already upset the widow of The Ultimate Warrior, Dana, by bigging up his backstage reconciliation with Warrior at WrestleMania 30 in a sit down interview with Grantland, despite failing to reach out to his family after he died.
- The SummerSlam Kickoff Pre-show match was announced yesterday.
- In case you missed it, WWE apparently “gave up” on a fairly new character.
WWE officials reportedly have “given up” on the push for Bo Dallas, which explains why his winning streak was ended by R-Truth a few weeks back. We’ve noted before that Bo was one of the gimmicks that Vince McMahon had lost interest in.
- Guardians of the Galaxy star, Batista, could be back in the ring soon.
Now that most media is finished for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Batista is expected back in the WWE storylines soon. No word yet on exactly when he will be back but it could be in time for Night of Champions.
- Bleacher Report has their SummerSlam predictions out.
- Nikki Bella did the ice bucket challenge. She also has no idea why what she says on Total Divas ends up on The Soup. I wonder…
- More footage of WWE 2K15 has been leaked.
- Here’s a review of last night’s live event.
- AusGamers interviewed Sheamus last week during the WWE tour of Australia.
Video of the Day
- Nikki Bella, this is why.