So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for August 18th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
- Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Brock Lesnar and I am the NEW WWE World Heavyweight Champion.
- According to Super Luchas, Rey Mysterio appeared in a video at AAA’s Triplemania about his intent to come to the company.
- In a pretty surprising rumor, Cageside Seats hears that Bully Ray appears to be on his way out of TNA.
Word is going around that Bully Ray held a meeting behind-the-scenes at TNA and told a lot of people that his contract is expiring and he doesn’t believe he’ll be back. So, basically, he said goodbye. This would be a truly bizarre twist considering how heavily he’s been featured on TNA programming, but his contract was apparently one of the biggest still on the books.
- We may also be seeing Sting soon on WWE programming.
- If SummerSlam lands in the Barclays Center next year, this writer will be one happy camper.
As noted, WWE SummerSlam will be held in the New York & New Jersey area in 2015. It appears the event could be held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn as the video that WWE aired tonight, which you can watch above, featured a lot of shots of Brooklyn and none of Madison Square Garden.
- Wrestling Inc. hears that there were some strange CM Punk rumors on Twitter.
If you type “CM Punk” in the Twitter search box, the system will automatically suggest the phrase “CM Punk arrested.” Thus far, there have been no public reports of Punk committing a crime or getting arrested.
- Before last night’s match, Jim Ross felt that A.J. Lee would lose the Divas Title and “distance herself” from WWE.
- Check out our SummerSlam review that will be up shortly.
- Ryan Dilbert of Bleacher Report has his Night of Champions card prediction already out.
Video of the Day
- SummerSlam 2002 saw Brock Lesnar take home the WWE Undisputed Championship.