So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for August 28th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
- Triple H has apparently dropped the Solomon Crowe hacker gimmick.
- TNA made more cuts to their staff.
- You will never guess who the reported mastermind was behind John Cena’s dominance on Monday.
Vince McMahon was responsible for how strong John Cena was portrayed on this week’s WWE RAW. Vince wrote and put together all material for Cena this week.
Vince reportedly felt that with Brock Lesnar dominating their match at SummerSlam, some of Cena’s fans may lose faith in him unless he made an immediate, strong statement on RAW.
- It seems like many shows will be impacted by SmackDown’s move to Thursday.
There’s no official word from WWE on how SmackDown moving back to Thursday nights will affect the international airings. The belief is Canada will also switch back to Thursdays. Some countries like Australia and the UK have been getting SmackDown almost a day early and that may no longer be possible due to timing.
It’s also expected that NXT and Superstars, as well as other first-run WWE Network shows such as a season 2 of Legends House, will also be moved to a new night. Speculation within WWE is that they would be moved to Wednesday.
- Bleacher Report has an article out about why Cena’s loss to Brock Lesnar wouldn’t hurt his character.
John Cena is a shell of himself.
At least that is an effective story that can be told in order to continue Brock Lesnar’s dominant run as WWE world heavyweight champion while creating the most compellingCena character to date.
Cena’s loss to Lesnar at SummerSlam was unlike anything any top star has been subjected to in a WWE Championship match. Win or lose, a subsequently competitive match at WWE Night of Champions will undo much of Lesnar’s championship mystique.
- Another article on their website points out why Big Show and Mark Henry are the next great pairing.
- They have out an NXT preview for tonight as well.
Video of the Day
- Were opening up the archives and going into a WCW Thunder show where Brett Hart called out Goldberg for ending his career.
What did you think of today’s information in The WWE Morning Paper?