So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for August 29th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
- WWE Magazine is officially done.
- Apparently, former NFL player Shawne Merriman is done with WWE already.
Remember when former NFL player Shawne Merriman was doing some stuff with WWE and word was going around that he had signed a deal to work as a wrestler and announcer? That’s all dead now and he’s gone from the company.
- Cageside Seats hears that Prince Devitt will work under his real first name, Fergal.
- Our WWE NXT review of last night’s show is out.
- Our WWE SmackDown spoiler-free preview is out as well for tonight’s show.
- Alfred Konuwa of Bleacher Report thinks the Cena-Lesnar match at Night of Champions should end in referee stoppage.
Shortly after their SummerSlam main event, Triple H unceremoniously announced a rematch between John Cena and Brock Lesnar at Night of Champions.
Thus far, WWE has presented Cena as a more of a threat to Lesnar in order to create hope in the minds and hearts of his supporters.
In order to justify a rematch rather than a rerun, WWE may feel the need to book a match different from their August squash.
- They also have out who the biggest winners and losers were from NXT last night.
Video of the Day
- Ryback put out a pretty awesome message before he underwent surgery on a sports hernia.