So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for September 1st, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
- Brock Lesnar is not being advertised for tonight’s RAW.
WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar is not being advertised for tonight’s RAW from Des Moines, Iowa. Lesnar is not scheduled for another RAW appearance until September 15th, the last one before Night of Champions.
- It looks like Alberto Del Rio will be featured in another event.
Alberto Del Rio as El Patron is featured on AAA promotional posters for their September 13th and 14th events at the Hard Rock Casino in Puerto Vallarta. This is the first time Del Rio has been advertised on a poster since leaving WWE. Del Rio was credited with some of the success of AAA TripleMania due to the media coverage he brought in.
- Cageside Seats hears that Zeb Colter will likely return to programming this week.
- We have a Ring of Honor: Field of Honor review for you.
- PWG Battle of Los Angeles: Day 2 was analyzed as well.
- Our contributor, Jordan Campbell, took a look at why WWE Superstars are leaving the company.
Alberto Del Rio. Rey Mysterio. CM Punk. Those three superstars have had controversial exits from the WWE this past year.
Mysterio is still under contract with the WWE, however, the superstar is looking for a way out of his contract. WWE is taking advantage of Mysterio’s non-compete clause that restricts Mysterio from working for any other wrestling promotion.
- An article on Bleacher Report explains why WWE needs to build multiple faces of the company.
Video of the Day
- On this date 11 years ago, we saw Goldberg, Maven, and Shawn Michaels take on Triple H, Randy Orton, and Ric Flair.