So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for September 4th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
- WWE has made a writer swap between SmackDown and NXT.
WrestleZone is reporting that Steven Guerrieri, the lead writer for NXT, has been named the lead writer for SmackDown while Ryan Ward, who had been writing SmackDown, has been sent back down to NXT as its lead writer, a position he previously held.
- Jeff Hardy is being allowed to wrestle at TNA Bound for Glory in Japan next month.
- It sounds like Ric Flair will appear with Kenta at NXT Takeover 2.
- Cageside Seats hears that Brock Lesnar’s chances of retaining the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Night of Champions is pretty good.
It’s looking more and more like Brock Lesnar is going to defeat John Cena at Night of Champions to retain the WWE world heavyweight championship but there will be some outside involvement, possibly from Seth Rollins, and whoever gets involved will move on to feud with Cena after that while Lesnar moves on to something else.
- Alfred Konuwa of Bleacher Report explains how John Cena’s booking can improve before Night of Champions.
John Cena was a mess Monday night on Raw.
He wasn’t a mess by design or for storytelling purposes. The ship of Cena going through inner turmoil has sailed for now.
- They also have a preview for tonight’s WWE NXT, which is the final show before NXT Takeover 2 next week.
Video of the Day
- This was on the WWE Network today. Remember this moment?