So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for August 6th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
- Vince Russo has spoken once again. Will somebody get him a muzzle? Why is this news?
- Scott Hall dropped another hint about an NWO reunion!
— Scott Hall (@SCOTTHALLNWO) August 5, 2014
- Cageside Seats talked about the reason why Big Show hasn’t been on WWE programming.
The reason Big Show hasn’t returned to television is because creative has nothing for him. He’s been at the shows and working dark matches but there’s no story for him at the moment. That could change soon, but for now that’s why he’s out.
- According to F4W Online, Triple H may be the special guest referee for the match between Stephanie McMahon and Brie Bella at SummerSlam. This just screams dirty finish.
- Reports are swirling that Smackdown may be returning to Thursday nights.
Recent images on Twitter have provided more meat to the rumor about “Smackdown” possibly moving back to Thursday nights. As previously reported, multiple reports about the future of “Smackdown” have hit the web over the last year, but most had been about WWE wanting to take “Smackdown” live as it was in its original inception. Now, it seems as if WWE may be taking the program to Thursday nights.
- Our writer Jordan Campbell discussed why we should be worried about the SummerSlam build.
Watching last night’s Raw, one would have thought that Stephanie McMahon versus Brie Bella is the selling point for SummerSlam. While McMahon has played an excellent character during her booking with Bella, the booking has begun to dry out due to the lack of logic with Bella’s character.
- Bleacher Report analyzes the comments that Paul Heyman made about CM Punk to The MMA Hour.
- Check out our fresh edition of WWE Power Rankings!
- Batista feels he’s the “worst baby-face ever.”
- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon discussed the WWE Creative staff.
Stephanie confirmed that there was “never a dull moment” and often “increasing arguments between my dad and my brother.” Stephanie also related a story about going to a live event as a very young girl (three or four years old) and running into George “the Animal” Steele, who completely terrified her. When she ran to her daddy (Vince McMahon) for solace, he just laughed and laughed.
Video of the Day
- With the likely reunion of NWO on next week’s Raw, here was there WWE debut at No Way Out 2002. Too bad their time together as a group was as short as it was.
There were a ton of rumors and opinionated pieces out. What were your thoughts on them?