So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for August 8th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
- Alberto Del Rio has been released by WWE, according to their website.
- Wrestling Observer hears that there was another surprising release from the staff due to the on-going budget cuts.
Here’s a rumor that will really make you scratch your head about the Dean Ambrose-Seth Rollins feud (contains spoiler).
- Check out our WWE Smackdown spoiler-free preview for tonight’s show.
- We have a review of Tuesday’s Main Event in case you did not see the show.
- I put in my two cents on the Del Rio firing.
Del Rio’s contract was expected to expire later this year. It had been reported that he planned on leaving the company due to unhappiness with how he was being booked for shows. Last fall, ADR was placed in a feud with John Cena, who was returning from injury, for the World Heavyweight Championship. Cena would defeat him in both match-ups at the Hell in a Cell and Survivor Series pay-per-views.
- Justin LaBar gives us a reality check on the probably NWO reunion.
- Chris Jericho helped someone with a proposal at a WWE live event in Australia.
Chris Jericho helped his friend and fan Daniel House get engaged to his girlfriend Mikala at today’s WWE live event in Melbourne, Australia. Their daughter Shakiya was also present for the proposal.
Video of the Day
- Re-live Alberto Del Rio’s 2010 debut.