So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for August 14th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
- Shaul Guerrero gave us the real reason why she left WWE earlier this year.
“Actually, I went into rehab for an eating disorder. I was really close to Joey Mercury when I was in FCW, he was my mentor/coach. He ,along with the strength and conditioning coach, noticed that I was really sick and I was just not mentally okay and physically doing a really bad job of doing what I needed to do and they finally convinced me to go into rehab for a long time disease I had.
- There is a leaked video out of WWE 2K15 gameplay footage.
- Wrestling Inc. (via Wrestling Observer Newsletter) has more unfortunate TNA news.
We noted a few months back that several members of TNA’s production crew were behind on pay and threatened to walk out in the middle of a set of tapings before they were paid. Word now is that at least several members of the production crew are again way behind in getting paid.
- Alberto Del Rio was apparently told by WWE he was being suspended.
Del Rio was reportedly told after the incident that he was being suspended for a short time, until just past SummerSlam. There’s a belief that Barbierri threatened to sue WWE and at that point, WWE felt they had no choice but to let Del Rio go due to legal reasons. Triple H called Del Rio on August 7th, letting him go and he was reportedly furious.
Angle is trying to pitch WWE on a deal that would be similar to the schedule Michaels did in his final years with the company, where he worked big shows and limited dates. As best we can tell, WWE hasn’t shown much interest. As noted before, in the past, Vince McMahon was extremely negative on the idea of bringing Angle back.
- Byron Saxton of WWE introduces us to a new voice on NXT, Rich Brennan.
“The first time I ever saw wrestling I must have been 6 or 7 years old. It was Captain Lou Albano cutting a promo and stomping on someone,” Brennan recounted.
“I really started watching when I was 9 or 10, and I watched as much as I possibly could. Saturday was the big day as I could catch both WWE shows in the morning, and then would wait anxiously for the NWA at 6:05 p.m. on TBS, and then NWA Worldwide on a Spanish station out of Worcester, Massachusetts, late on Saturday nights,” Brennan recalled. “I was able to watch World Class and the AWA as well, and then Sunday mornings USA Network had All American Wrestling.”
- I put in my two cents on a potential Kurt Angle return.
- Our own Mike Smith has a review of the latest Main Event.
- Seth Rollins sat down with Comcast Xfinity to talk about SummerSlam.
- Check out Jim Ross’ latest podcast. He had a terrific interview with Bubba Ray Dudley/Bully Ray.
Video of the Day
- A classic Kurt Angle moment.