So you’re getting ready for school or work in the morning and want to read up on fresh content before leaving for the day? Come read The WWE Morning Paper! This will be your weekday (possibly future weekends as well) hub for the latest news inside and outside the squared circle for Vince McMahon’s company as well as TNA sprinkled in (unless they get cancelled).
Here’s the wrestling information you need to know for August 15th, 2014 version of The WWE Morning Paper.
WWE Morning Paper News
- It was announced yesterday that Dean Amborse has landed a role in the movie Lockdown.
“Lockdown” will become the second action film that WWE Studios and Lionsgate will co-produce and release through their “six-pack” movie deal.
WWE star Jonathan Good, known in the ring as Dean Ambrose, will headline the film, to be directed by Stephen Reynolds (“Tomb Raider: Ascension”). Production starts this month.
- TNA announced that they will move their show to Wednesday nights starting next week.
WWE Morning Paper Rumors
- In the first of two rumors posts on Cageside Seats, Sting is supposed to meet with Vince McMahon this weekend during SummerSlam festivities.
Sting is expected to meet with Vince McMahon during this coming weekend for SummerSlam activities. A deal may finally be finalized for him to sign with WWE officially.
- The other rumor involves apparent racism behind the scenes. Most of it seems to focus around Mr. McMahon.
The PW Torch has gone on record stating talks with a WWE employee alleging a racist culture behind the scenes in WWE that apparently includes Vince McMahon giving his private jet a racially offensive nickname. In addition, Vince apparently tries to teach black wrestlers how to be “more black”, whatever the hell that means. The creative team is made up almost entirely of white men with the exception of Dave Kapoor, who you may know as Ranjin Singh. It’s alleged his nickname among some agents within the company is “Taliban”.
WWE Morning Paper Opinions
- WWE ring announcer, Justin Roberts, put out a very interesting read on why he’s sick of people bashing WWE.
I love this business, you might also
It’s 2014 and I’m finally sick of people knocking professional wrestling/sports entertainment, wrestlers and most of all, the fans. I just read another story as I have over the years that bashed all of the above.
- Bleacher Report tells us the best ways that the Lumberjack stipulation can be used at SummerSlam.
- Check out CM Punk’s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge here.
- Here’s a recap of WWE NXT from last night.
NXT presented a night of outstanding wrestling matches on the August 14 episode, capped off by a highly competitive heavyweight title bout between champion Adrian Neville and top contender Tyler Breeze.
- Team 3D faced The Hardys on TNA last night that brought fans back in time.
Video of the Day
- It never hurts to show another Kurt Angle video, right? Here was his match with Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam for the WWE Title in 2003.
What are your thoughts on the content in today’s WWE Morning Paper?