By now, WWE knows that the fans know about their logic with handling feuds. When someone comes on out on top in an angle, the other person in the feud seems to go over in the next angle of it.
Here and there, though, WWE pulls a move on us that make us raise our eyebrows and question the move, or simply say “WOW!”
Some of these results weren’t truly stunning, but they were a surprise (feel free to include more matches in the comments below).
- Randy Orton cashes in on Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship, Triple H heel turn (SummerSlam 2013) – After one of the better SummerSlam matches in recent memory between Bryan and John Cena, this shocked everyone.
- Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeat The Shield (Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins) (Battleground 2013) – It was somewhat of a surprise because The Shield were so dominant throughout 2013.
- The New Age Outlaws defeat Cody Rhodes and Goldust for the WWE Tag Team Championship (Royal Rumble 2014) – Losing the titles to semi-retired wrestlers was a very questionable move at the time.
- John Cena defeats Bray Wyatt (Wrestlemania 30) – Everyone expected Cena to put over Wyatt on the year’s biggest show. That wasn’t the case.
- Brock Lesnar defeats The Undertaker (Wrestlemania 30) – I think we all know why on this one.
- Chris Jericho over Bray Wyatt (Battleground 2014) – Most thought Wyatt would win, but Y2J pulled off the victory to give himself credibility.
So what could WWE pull on us this Sunday at SummerSlam that will surprise us? We take a look at a scenario for each scheduled match.